Towards the Son


I am not going to pretend I’m a gardener here. I love flowers and plants but more times than not I struggle to keep them alive.  I have gotten better through the years, learning little things about my gentle green friends. One thing that I have learned along the way is how much their tiny branches and flowers love the sun. They need the sun. They move towards the sun.

I have learned to “rotate” my flowers because many times they stretch so much towards the sun that they become almost unbalanced in their pots! I constantly spin, they constantly turn. It’s incredible really when you think about it. Their ability to know the direction they need to be in for growth, good health and life. I want to have that kind of continuous persistence in turning towards the SON. 

(see what I did there?) I want to have the innate ability to always lean in His direction. I want to stretch with such desire and devotion that the pot of my life almost tips over in the process!

My prayer for all of us today is that we spend our lives stretched and outreached towards the Son…Jesus. That no matter how much this world tries to “rotate” us in different directions….we always find ourselves turning to, moving towards and facing the Son.

Many Blessings this Holy Week as we move towards Easter and all we have to celebrate in our Lord and Savior Jesus.

May we keep turning towards the Son.

-Pastor Patti



Comments

Popular Posts