AWAY

 

I’ll never forget an experience I had one day as I was journaling. I try to make it a habit to sit with my bible, devotional and journal each morning. Each one of those things helps me to focus on my prayers and dig deeper into scripture. I note questions, write down observations and sometimes just pour my frustrations out to God.

On this particular morning my heart was heavy and I was carrying a heavy burden of frustration. There were so many things going on in my life and I was feeling the weight of it all pressing in on me.

As I shared each burden with God, I also shared my feelings.  I wrote “God at this moment I just feel like running away, away, away, away, away…..”

There was something therapeutic in the repetitive nature of this journal entry. Each time I wrote “away” there was this release. Each time I wrote it the burdens themselves seemed to gain distance from my heavy heart.

The last time I wrote the letters out the “a” became separated from the “way” a bit, in my haste.

I stopped. I read the words I just penned in my journal.

A Way.

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”-John 14:6

Jesus is not just “a” way, but “the” way.

He is the truth.

He is the life.

In that moment I felt His answer hit my heart.

You don’t need to run away…you need to run to me.

I will show you the way through all of this.

This didn’t come through as audibly words…. just a strong understanding within.  He would guide me through this time. He would help me carry these heavy burdens.

 

Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”-Matthew 11:28-30

 

What would you like to run away, away, away, away from today?

 

Give your burdens to the one who is THE WAY. Let him give you rest and teach you all you need to know about his humble and gentle heart.

 

Let Him show you the way…

 

-Pastor Patti

 

Comments

Popular Posts